In our last blog, we outlined 5 critical steps to better healthcare and better health. They are:
- Realize that you are in charge of your own health and healthcare decisions.
- Know and own your personal health data.
- Find a physician that will know you, be accessible to you and will proactively partner with you around your health and health goals.
- Embrace monitoring, testing, and improving your biology.
- Restructure your health insurance and major medical risk.
The Ted Talk below is a great real-world example of those things playing out. When Eric Dishman was in college, doctors told him he had 2 to 3 years to live. That was nearly 30 years ago. Now, Dishman puts his experience and his expertise as a medical tech specialist together to suggest a bold idea for reinventing health care — by putting the patient at the center of a treatment team.
If you missed our last blog, you may want to read over it before watching this video. Also be reminded that Healthscient is currently working on a step-by-step “How To” guide for navigating these 5 mission critical components of better healthcare and better health.
Subscribe to our mailing list and we will deliver it to your inbox when it’s ready. We promise not to annoy you. We only send email updates every two weeks or so.
Enjoy. Be Inspired.
Get our Healthcare Tips and Insights Delivered Right to your Inbox
Stay in the know on the latest healthcare trends and learn about valuable tips and actions your family can take to improve your healthcare by subscribing to our email list.